- July 31-August 3, 2006: Seventeenth International Workshop on Operator
Theory and its Applications (IWOTA), Seoul: Exponentially Dichotomous
Operators: Characterization, Perturbation, Applications.
- July 18-21, 2006: International Linear Algebra Society (ILAS), Amsterdam:
Cauchy Problems for Exponentially Dichotomous Operators and
- February 8-9, 2006: Due Giornate di Algebra Lineare, Pisa:
Structured Matrix Algorithms for Inverse Scattering on the Line.
- July 25-30, 2005: Fifth ISAAC Congress, Catania.
- February 14-15, 2005: Due Giorni di Algebra Lineare Numerica, Varese:
Approximation of Solutions of Algebraic Riccati Equations.
- September 19-24, 2004: Structured Numerical Linear Algebra Problems:
Algorithms and Applications, Cortona: Circulant Preconditioning of
Multiindex Toeplitz Systems.
- September 9-11, 2004: Advances in Mathematical Physics. A Meeting
honouring Carlo Cercignani on his 65th Birthday, Montecatini Terme:
Transfer of Polarized Light in Planetary Atmospheres.
- July 5-9, 2004: Sixteenth International Symposium on the Mathematical
Theory of Networks and Systems (MTNS2004), Leuven, Belgium: No talk given.
- July 12-16, 2004: International Workshop on Operator Theory and
Applications (IWOTA 2004), Newcastle upon Tyne: Approximation of Solutions
of Riccati Equations.
- July 19-22, 2004: 11th Conference of the International Linear
Algebra Society (ILAS 2004), Coimbra: Circulant Preconditioning of
Multiindex Toeplitz Systems.
- January 22-23, 2004: Algebra Numerica e Applicazioni, Udine:
Precondizionatori circolanti di matrici multi-indice.
- December 15-16, 2003: Workshop on Light on Planetary Atmospheres, from the
Solar System to Exoplanets, a workshop to mark the retirement of Joop Hovenier,
- August 20-22, 2003: Workshop Operator Theory and Applications, in Honor of
Israel Gohberg, on the Occasion of his 75th Birthday, Amsterdam:
State Space Methods in Inverse Scattering Theory.
- June 24-27, 2003: Fourteenth International Workshop on Operator Theory and
Applications (IWOTA), Cagliari: in the role of co-organizer.
- June 1-7, 2003: XII International Conference on Waves and Stability in
Continuous Media (WASCOM), Villasimius: Time-dependent and stationary
kinetic equations: A review.
- January 15-18, 2003: Joint Mathematics Meeting of the American Mathematical
Society and the Mathematical Association of America (AMS and MAA), Baltimore:
Sampling expansions in multivariate unitarily translation invariant
reproducing kernel Hilbert spaces, and Inverse scattering for the
Zakharov-Shabat system on the line.
- August 12-16, 2002: Fifteenth International Symposium on Mathematical
Theory of Networks and Systems (MTNS), Notre Dame: Sturm-Liouville Inverse
Spectral Problems with Boundary Conditions Depending on the Spectral
- August 6-9, 2002: Thirteenth International Workshop on Operator Theory and
Applications (IWOTA), Blacksburg: State Space Methods for Solving Inverse
Scattering Problems on the Line.
- June 12-16, 2002: First Joint International Meeting of the American
Mathematical Society and the Unione Matematica Italiana (AMS and UMI), Pisa:
no talk given.
- May 27-31, 2002: SIMAI 2002, Società Italiana di Matematica
Applicata e Industriale, Chia Laguna: LU-factorization of Block Toeplitz
- December 10-14, 2001: QMath-8, Mathematical Results in Quantum Mechanics,
in Taxco, Mexico. The inverse generalized Regge problem.
- June 25-29, 2001: 9th International Linear Algebra Society (ILAS) Conference
in Haifa. Spectral factorization of multi-index block Laurent matrices.
- June 18-22, 2001: Applied Inverse Problems in Montecatini Terme. Inverse
scattering for a Schrödinger equation with energy dependent potential.
- September 24-29, 2000: Structured Matrices: Analysis, Algorithms and
Applications, Cortona. Spectral Factorization of Bi-infinite Multi-index
Block Toeplitz Matrices, and Applications.
- September 10-17, 2000: International Workshop on Operator Theory and
Applications, Faro. Inverse Scattering for a Schrödinger Equation
with Energy Dependent Potential.
- July 18-25, 2000: Third World Congress of Nonlinear Analysts WCNA-2000,
Catania. Traveling Waves for Gas-solid Reactions in a Porous Medium.
- August 16-21, 1999: The Second International ISAAC Conference, at the
Fukuoka Institute of Technology, Fukuoka, Japan. Inverse scattering for
the matrix Schrödinger equation.
- August 8-14, 1999: Second International Conference on Boundary Value
Problems, Integral Equations and Related Problems, at Beijing and Chengde,
Hebei, China. Integral equations in inverse scattering.
- March 16-20, 1999: The 1999 International Conference on Differential
Equations and Mathematical Physics, Birmingham (AL). Inverse scattering of
symmetric Hamiltonian systems on the line.
- March 12-13, 1999: South Eastern Sectional Meeting, American Mathematical
Society, Gainesville (FL). Factorization of transfer functions of
- September 28-October 2, 1998: International Conference on Inverse
Problems, Vietri sul Mare, Italy. Inverse scattering of generalized
Schrödinger equations and first order systems on the line.
- July 6-10, 1998: Workshop on Mathematical Theory of Networks and Systems
(MTNS), Padova, Italy. Factorization of transfer functions of noncausal
Pritchard-Salamon systems and some applications.
- June 30-July 3, 1998: International Workshop on Operator Theory and its
Applications, Groningen. Direct and inverse scattering for the generalized
AKNS system on the line.
- November 12-14, 1997: Workshop on Operator Theory and Analysis on the
Occasion of the Sixtieth Birthday of Prof. Dr. M.A. Kaashoek, Amsterdam.
Inverse scattering of Schrödinger equations with rational
- August 18-22, 1997: Mark Krein International Conference on Operator Theory
and Applications, Odessa, Ukraine. Integral equations and factorization
relevant to inverse scattering with absorption.
- March 23-29, 1997: The Georgia TECH-UAB International Conference on
Differential Equations and Mathematical Physics, Atlanta (GA).Inverse
scattering in 1-D media with discontinuous wavespeed.
- September 8-14, 1996: Toeplitz Matrices: Structures, Algorithms and
Applications, Cortona, Italy. LDU-factorization results for bi-infinite
and semi-infinite scalar and block Toeplitz matrices.
- May 2-3, 1995: Workshop entitled ``Light Scattering by Non-spherical
Particles," Amsterdam. Testing scattering matrices: A compendium of
- July 11-15, 1994: Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium (PIERS),
Noordwijk, The Netherlands. Conditions for matrices relevant to polarized
- November 23-27, 1993: Interdisciplinary Meeting on Inverse Problems
and Nonlinear Evolution Equations, Montpellier. Inverse acoustic scattering
on the line with discontinuous wavespeed.
- August 24-September 2, 1993: 19th Summer School ``Applications
of Mathematics in Engineering," Varna, Bulgaria. On the recovery of
a discontinuous wavespeed in wave scattering in a nonhomogeneous medium.
- August 18-23, 1993: Fifth International Colloquium on Differential
Equations, Plovdiv, Bulgaria. Inverse scattering problem for the wave
equation with discontinuous wavespeed.
- May 17-19, 1993: 109th W.E. Heraeus Seminar on Quantum
Inversion, Bad Honnef, Germany. Inverse scattering in one dimension for
a generalized Schrödinger equation.
- January 8-11, 1992: 98th Annual Meeting of the American
Mathematical Society, Baltimore. No talk given.
- October 17-18, 1991: The Third International Workshop on Transfer of
Polarized Radiation, Tartu Observatory, Estonia. Structure of matrices
transforming Stokes parameters.
- March 10-14, 1991: International Conference on Inverse Problems:
Computational Algorithms, Texas A&M University, College Station (TX).
- January 17-20, 1990: 96th Annual Meeting of the American
Mathematical Society, Louisville (KY). Solution of a Riemann-Hilbert problem
by using a Fredholm integral equation.
- November 27-December 1, 1989: The Multicentennials Meeting on Inverse
Problems, Montpellier. Multidimensional inverse quantum scattering problem
and Wiener-Hopf factorization.
- June 26-29, 1989: International Workshop on Operator Theory and its
Applications, Rotterdam. Wiener-Hopf factorization in the inverse scattering
theory for the n-D Schrödinger equation.
- August 8-12, 1988: Workshop on Stochastic Modelling in Biology, Heidelberg.
A transport equation modelling cell growth.
- March 23-26, 1987: Tenth International Conference on Transport Theory, San
Diego. Relations for the elements of matrices appearing in polarized light
- June 16-20, 1986: Proceedings of the 15th International
Symposium on Rarefied Gas Dynamics, Grado, Italy. Perturbation of
bisemigroups and boundary value problems for abstract kinetic equations.
- June 2-12, 1986: 11th International Conference on Operator
Theory, Bucharest. Perturbation analysis of analytic bisemigroups and
applications to linear transport theory.
- June 10-14, 1985: Ninth International Conference on Transport Theory,
Montecatini. Polarized light transfer: Existence and uniqueness of
solutions and spectral properties of transfer operators.
- June 3-7, 1985: Mathematical Methods applied to Physical Problems at the
Kinetic Level, Paris. Integral formulations of stationary transport
processes in plane-parallel media.
- May 5-11, 1985: Mathematical Methods in Kinetic Theory, Oberwolfach.
Generalized kinetic equations and applications to Sturm-Liouville type
- March 24-26, 1983: Eighth International Conference on Transport Theory,
Blacksburg. Generalized kinetic equations on the
- June 23-25, 1980: Second International Workshop in Transport Theory,
Vienna. A Wiener-Hopf factorization approach to
the linear transport equation.
last update: December 8, 2006